For the Government to fulfill its renewable energy targets it needs to have 10 million homes with solar panels before 2020. It is because of this incentives have been put in place for homeowners, with huge savings on their energy bills and tax free cash earnings, to help the government to hit their targets.
If you are considering installing solar panels, you will want to do it sooner rather than later whilst you can still receive the generous tariff payments from the government.
Once you get your solar panels, you ‘lock-in’ your guaranteed payments for the next 20 years regardless of what happens to the tariff in the future.
Solar panels offer a range of benefits such as large savings on your energy bills as well as tax free, government backed earnings.
Lets take a look at the top 5:
- Earn – With the Government feed-in tariff not only do they pay you for the energy you generate and use, but also the energy you don’t use! This money is TAX FREE and rises in line with inflation.
- Save – The electricity you use when your solar panels are in use is 100% free, meaning you could save up to 50% or more on your energy bills per year!
- Protect – You generate your own electricity, making you less dependent on large energy companies and protecting yourself from the rising energy costs!
- Reduce – Start doing your bit for the environment and reduce you carbon footprint
- Add – Estate agents are now looking at solar panels as a revenue generating asset, therefore adding value to your home
How to get started
In order to be eligible for these benefits you need to make sure you choose a solar panel installer that is MCs Accredited. Your Solar Covered allows you to compare quotes from the UK’s leading MCs accredited solar installers in your area, ensuring you qualify for the government scheme. Solar Panels are quick and easy to install, but first you need to ensure you find the right installer. Your Solar Covered allows you to compare all your local installers and matches you with the most suitable one.